In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Promise 47 from Exodus 19:11

Ex. 19:11 - "And let them be ready for the third day, for on the third day the Lord will come down on Mount Sinai in the sight of all the people." - There is something about 3rd day anticipation that God likes. As soon as I read this verse, I couldn't help but parallel it with Jesus rising up and revealing Himself to the people on the 3rd day. Here God comes down and reveals Himself on the 3rd day as well. There is something very prophetic about this verse in that, when Jesus rose from the dead, He was fully God, once again, shedding Himself of being fully man. When people saw Jesus alive again, they fully understood who He is. He is God! God revealed Himself to man. Of course He did that earlier but people didn't believe Him fully. Just as there were sceptics in the Israelite crowd who had difficulties believing Moses, God came down and revealed Himself.
The Israelites were asked by God to purify themselves before His coming. There was great anticipation in the camp, the waiting must have been torturous. I've been challenged by this verse. So often I rely on my encounter with God to be through heresay; by reading scripture, listening to a sermon, reading a book, singing a song. I don't take enough time to set aside everything and purify my mind's heart in anticipation of meeting Him face to face. I usually meet Him on the go instead of sitting down and letting all the thoughts of my day be set aside and wait for His special revelation to me. I want everyday to be a 3rd day revelation experience.

No comments: