In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Promise 71 from Exodus 29:45-46

Ex. 29:45-46 -
I will dwell among the sons of Israel and will be their God. They shall know that I am the Lord their God who brought them out of the land of Egypt, that I might dwell among them; I am the Lord their God." - I never get tired of hearing this promise from God. He will dwell among His people. Jn. 15:4 says, "Abide in Me and I in you." God can choose to be anywhere He wants but He chooses to be in you and in me. That is such an incredible thought. No one knows us better than those who live with us, (if we allow them). God knew us better than anyone and loves us anyway. He still chooses to stay with us and have that intimate relationship with us. What a great God.

No comments: