In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Promise 20 from Numbers 17:5

Numbers 17:5 - "It will come about that the rod of the man whom I choose will sprout, thus I will lessen from upon Myself the grumblings of the sons of Israel, who are grumbling against you." - It sees that in every group where conflict exists, in some form or another, among believers there always seems to be one person who is the silent observer. They are the ones who are slow to speak, hold back engaging in the emotional flavour of the rest of the group and sits in quiet assessment over the situation. When he or she does speak, they are usually heard and their words are respected by others. This person is the "Aaron" of the group. I must confess that my rod doesn't bud very often in circumstances such as this, but I do recognise those whose rods are blooming. They bring fruit into the situation and God's favour is clearly upon them. I praise God for the "Aaron" who is on my current team. She inspires me to look at difficult situations with kingdom eyes instead of out of my own will and desires. If  we struggle to be "Aarons" ourselves, the we need to pray them into our circles. God will grant that prayer, that is the promise.

No comments: