In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Monday, June 25, 2012

Promise 23 from Numbers 18:20

Numbers 18:20 - "Then the Lord said to Aaron, 'You shall have no inheritance in their land nor own any portion among them; I am your portion and your inheritance among the sons of Israel.'" - Do you realise what a relief this is? I don't know about you, but I've spent so  much time "investing" in people and places during my life time. Investing in relationships, investing in status, investing in culture, investing in the spiritual lives of others. There was a long season of my life where respect was a must for me. I also NEEDED to be needed. This lead to a life of striving for that status of respect from others and a place to be needed by others. Praise the Lord for God's freedom! No person and no place owes me anything! God is my portion, and Him alone. I can work along side others, I can love people and can be sensitive to the culture around me, but I am not chained or obligated to anyone or any place. God has given that freedom. I don't need to strive to inherit anything from this earth, I have my full inheritance in Christ, He is my portion, He fills me up! Thank you Jesus!

No comments: