In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Promise 61 from Deuteronomy: 18:2

Deut. 18:2 - "'They (the Levitical priests) shall have no inheritance among their countrymen; the Lord is their inheritance, as He promised them.'"

As a single missionary with no children, I think often about what I could possible leave as a legacy and to whom? I have no estate and no offspring to leave it to, if I had one. I don't have much to leave behind, but I do have a grand inheritance to receive. I'm not talking about the furniture I'll receive from my dad's estate, but a whole kingdom of riches from my Heavenly Father's estate. The Lord, Himself is my inheritance! If I receive my inheritance today (which I have), then I will indeed not only have something grand to leave behind, but even more, to take with me and accumulate after I leave. There is nothing more valuable and more precious than having all the riches of the Heavenly Kingdom as a possession, and nothing more honourable than to pass that inheritance on to others. I am willing to give my inheritance to any and all, but what I don't know is; how many are willing to receive it? The Lord is my inheritance, that is my promise from Him!

No comments: