In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Friday, November 19, 2010

Promise 99 Gen. 45:7

Gen. 45:7 - "God sent me before you to preserve for you a remnant in the earth, and to keep you alive by a great deliverance." You never know what God is going to do in you and through you, or through the people He puts in our lives. God has used specific people in my life to speak new revelation of Him and new life into me the past couple of years that will change the direction of my spiritual walk forever. I will always be grateful to them for their unreserved approach to bringing out the areas of growth I needed to address. Just as God has put transforming people into my life, I'm mindful that God might be putting me in someone else's life for that same purpose; to deliver them into the arms of the Heavenly Father. The key to those people encounters is through a clear communication with the Lord. To hear His voice giving our assignments where others are concerned. This doesn't mean we are to go and preach to people, but we are to make ourselves available for God to use us, at His choosing, in their lives. I don't ever want to fall asleep on my watch and miss what God is wanting to do to me and through me for others.

No comments: