In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Promise 60 from Exodus 23:22-23

Ex. 23:22-23 - "'Be on your guard before him (angel) and obey his voice ... My name is in him. But if you truly obey his voice and do all that I say, then I will be an enemy to your enemies and an adversary to your adversaries. For My angel will go before you and bring you into the land of ... and I will completely destroy them.'" - I don't often think of the role of angels beyond their protective characteristics. They seem to appear in scriptures more often as messengers rather than protectors. Someone last night was just mentioning how she would love to see her angel of protection. I think I would rather see more messengers, because they would be bringing me a great word from the Lord. There are many times when I think I hear my housemate calling my name when I know she hasn't, or I'll hear sentences spoken when no one is around. Maybe I need to pay more attention to them to see which words are to come after I hear my name. Maybe I have more angels around me than I thought, but I just haven't taken time to hear their message.

No comments: