In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Promise 62 from Exodus 23:27c.

Ex. 23:27c - "'I will make all your enemies turn their backs to you'." - I just heard a testimony of a church in Iraq who has lost over a 100 of their attenders to death by the hands of evil men. When I read a promise such as this verse I find a divide between the written truth and my understanding. There are a lot of details around the verse that God provides in how He is going to deliver the land to the Israelites. I don't understand why so many christians die each day (one every 20 minutes to persecution). I can only guess because the land around them hasn't been conquered yet. But what I do know is, that it is the character of God to turn the backs of the their enemies against them. Yes, there are battles that take place and there is earthly loss of lives, but in the Kingdom, there is no loss. This is what we must remember. Just think of all the lives that have been saved because God turned the backs of the enemy. Thank you Lord!

No comments: