In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Promise 82 from Exodus 33:17

Ex. 33:17 - "The Lord said to Moses, 'I will also do this thing of which you have spoken; for you have found favor in My sight and I have known you by name.'" - Moses continued to press even further into God asking Him, "How will I know I have favour? If you will not go with us, don't send us out." Then God says those words that Moses was longing to hear. "You have found favor in My sight!" But not only that, God tells Moses why, "Because I have known you by name!" I just love that ! God didn't grant Moses favour because he pushed God's hand to say what he wanted Him to say, but He granted Moses favour simply because He knew Moses personally and intimately. He pours out His favour on us because He knows us personally by name, He knows us and He loves us and even likes us. Step into His favour today and you carry Him with you!

No comments: