In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Promise 85 from Exodus 33:22-23

Ex. 33:22-23 - "'And it will come about , while My glory is passing by, that I will put you in the cleft of the Rock and cover you with My hand until I have passed by. Then I will take My hand away and you shall see My back, but My face shall not be seen.'" - A while ago, though prayer, someone cautioned me, "Make sure you don't go before or ahead of the Lord, let Him take the lead." I love the picture of God's hand over us while His glory passes by and then seeing His back. When I see His back, I know He is leading my way, I know He is going before me, I know that I am on the right path and going the right direction. Even though He is in front of me, His hand is still on me. Only God can do that. He shelters us, He guides us, He directs us and He warms us with His love and adoration. That is our Almighty God!

No comments: