In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Promise 30 from Leviticus 26:44-45

Lev. 26:44-45 - "'Yet in spite of this, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them, nor will I so abhour them as to destroy them, breaking My covenant with them; for I am the Lord their God. But I will remember for them the covenant with their ancestors, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God. I am the Lord.'" - The verse prior to this said, "because they rejected My ordinances and their soul abhourred My statutes.' God considered the utter rejection of Himself by His people, and yet He choose to remember His covenant made to their ancestors, therefore not destroying them. Sometimes it doesn't make sense why god is so tolerant when people utterly reject Him and His followers in this world. We don't know what promises have been made to those who have gone before us, however this gives hope to those that we think are hopeless; who act out of hard hearts and reject all things that are Godly and holy. God will keep His promises by keeping the door open to all who will choose to seek Him and turn from their wicked ways. God is faithful, He won't abandon even the most ruthless criminal and evil mind if they so choose to turn to God.

No comments: