In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Saturday, July 12, 2014

Promise 40 from Deuteronomy 10:21

Deut. 10:21 - "'He is your praise and He is your God, who has done these great and awesome things for you which your eyes have seen.'"

I've not really thought about God as being my "praise" before. I've seen Him as the One I praise but not considered Him as my praise. However, when I think about all I've done and all I am, none of that has come to being because of what I've done or made myself to be. He not only gets the praise, but He IS my praise. He is the object of who I am and all I do, He is the essence of my being; Christ in me. He is my praise!

No comments: