In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Monday, July 14, 2014

Promise 42 from Deuteronomy 11:11-12

Deut. 11:11-12 - "'But the land into which you are about to cross to posses it, a land of hills and valleys, drinks water from the rain of heaven, a land for which the Lord your God cares; the eyes of the Lord your God are always on it, from the beginning even to the end of the year.'"



I just love my  yard in the spring. Without doing a thing all year round, when spring comes the yard goes into full bloom, rose trees, ferns, cherry, plum and apricot tree blossoms, beautiful varieties of flowers, for which I don't know the names for. Grass comes up between the holes the dogs dug. It is beautiful. I've lived in this home in Kos*vo for two years (this was written May 2013, moved out of this house three months ago). I don't have a green thumb, but just love the plants that have existed here for years. If I love this small piece of land, I can imagine how my Heavenly Father loves it so much more. He put His care into it so that I and the owners of the house can enjoy it. When I think of the pioneers who came both to this land and to America, they were people who sought after God. God brought them to a place, rich with land which drinks from the rain of heaven. They are both plush with vegetation and green. I can't help but think that God cares for these lands, and His eyes are on them. For the Se*bians and the devout Alb*nians who pioneered the land of Kos*vo, God brought them to this land in order to reveal His care for them down the generations. Even though there has been a decline in dependency on God, which have effected both nations, I still believe that God is the caretaker of His land and will one day, as He poured His glory into the beauty of the soil, He will do the same into the people who have possessed the soil.

No comments: