In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Promise 26 Gen. 12:7

Gen. 12:7 - "The Lord appeared to Abram and said, 'To your descendants I will give this land.' So he built a altar there to the Lord who had appeared to him." How often does the Lord appear to You? I've just recently been challenged to write down every encounter I have with God that is in the form of "vocal" appearances or word pictures or prophecy or a new revelation of who God is, because I NEED to remember what God is telling me. Just like Abram, we have a lot of ground to cover and there are certain points along the journey that need to be remembered because they will be significant in the future. For Abram, his journey is not going to be an easy one, but he's laying the remembrance markers for what God is promising him. When the Canaanite armies look too big, he has that altar that reminds him, "O but my God is bigger and He promised me victory in this land." When we are in our journeys and times get difficult, what markers have been laid to remind you, "O but, my God is bigger, He promised me victory in this land."?

No comments: