In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Promise 30 Gen. 16:21-24

Gen. 16:21-24 - "The king of Sodom said to Abram, 'Give the people to me and take the goods for yourself.' Abram said to the king of Sodom, ' I have sworn to the Lord God most High, possessor of heaven and earth, that I will not take a thread or a thong or anything that is yours, for fear you would say, 'I have made Abram rich. I will take nothing except what the young men have eaten, and the share of the men who went with me....'" The Lord God most High is the possessor of heaven and earth. All that we see, He owns. It saddens me to think of how many times I've promised things to God and took back that promise. How many times I've offered myself to Him and all that I have and then did what pleased me or was selfish with my time and my things. I keep forgetting that all I have is His. We should not look to others or to other means, in order to gain wealth, thereby robbing God of the pleasure of blessing us Himself. He is a jealous God, He loves us so much, He doesn't want anyone to take His place in being our provider. That is His role as our Heavenly Daddy to provide for and to bless His children. May we all become like Abram and not settle for anything less than what God wants to provide for us!

No comments: