In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Monday, June 21, 2010

Promise 36 Gen. 15:18

Gen. 15:18 - "On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram saying, 'To your descendants I have given this land, from the river to Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates'." God has shown me visions and given me words of knowledge concerning my life, all of which are future plans and promises. Some of them seem absolutely impossible to be received. I've had to struggle through what I do with these visions, promises. When they happened I was very sure they were from God. So do I sit in anxiousness to receive these promises? No, because He made it clear they are for my future. Do I sit and try to figure out how they are going to come to pass? or even worse, see what I can do to help them come along? Well, we know what happens when that is done, just by reading ahead in Abraham's story. I need to just rest and trust that what is from God belongs to God, He'll give it to me when He chooses. Mine is not to wonder if He will give it or how or when, because it's not mine to own such questions over it. It is His and His alone until the time He releases it from His hands. The fun promise here is that He does give dreams, visions, promises and great hopes for the future. We don't need to embrace those as much as we need to embrace Him.

No comments: