In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Promise 38 Gen. 16:13

Gen. 16:13 - "Then she called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, 'You are a God who sees': for she said, 'Have I even remained alive here after seeing Him?'" This verse tells more of a fact than a promise, but it can be taken as a promise as well. God sees us! He sees when we get up and when we lie down, He sees our outward actions and our inward thoughts. It scares me sometimes, that thought of having to stand face to face with the Almighty God who knows absolutely every thing about me. Sometimes I would like to bury my head in the sand and pretend He didn't see that action or hear this thought. I would love to reverse many of my thoughts and actions at the awareness that He saw me and He heard me. But I can't! It's amazing that He does allow me to stand up right and to contiune in this life, that He hasn't struck me dead. Just like Hagar says, "I've seen Him and yet I still live?" I am alive and healthy only by the grace of God and Him alone. I'm alive only because of His love that brings Him to forgive me over and over again. (I see you Lord and yet I still live?)

No comments: