In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Promise 2 Gen 1:3ff

During creation week, all was created at the spoken words of God. "Then God said, Let...." vv. 3,6,9,11,14,24 and 26. Whatever He spoke into existence came to be. I know that whatever God says to me through scripture or vision or audibly, it will come to be. Right now my educational future is in turmoil (written Jan. 7, 2010) and so is my future on the mission field because of accrued debt. In anyone's eyes it should look like I need to pack my bags, but God gave me a promise through the vision that the occupational therapy program will take place in Kosovo. When I was nervous about the vastness of the vision to train OTs and about the rehab clinic, He gave me the promise that He would be with me. He sent me straight to Dan. 10:12 - "Do not be afraid.... I have come in response to your words." continuing in v. 19, "He said, 'O (woman) of high esteem, do not be afraid. Peace be with you; take courage and be courageous." As this is a moment of bleakness, I choose to stand strong, to take courage and trust that what God spoke to happen, will be. (Just a follow up, I didn't have to pack my bags, am still at the university.)

No comments: