In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Promise 18 from Exodus 5:22-23

Ex. 5:22-23 - "Then Moses turned to the Lord and said, 'O Lord, why have you brought harm to this people? Why did You ever send me? Ever since I came to Pharaoh to speak in Your name, he has done harm to this people, and You have not delivered Your people at all.'" - It pains me to think how often I'm like Moses. I question what God is doing as soon as something goes opposite to what I believe He would or should do. Its very plain in this story that it's the evil of Pharaoh's heart that inflicted hardship on Israel, not God. The enemies of God are of course going to fight to keep the territory they hold whenever they hear that God has shown up. Of course things are going to get worse before they get better because that is what the enemy does, God just walks into town, so to speak, its the other ones that stir the pot as they scramble. They know how powerful God is and how much of a threat He is to messing up their work. But like Moses, I too get scared and ask "Why did You even put me into this situation Lord?, why did You call me?" Of course God is in control. He is the only one who knows the outcome, the end of the story, That is where "faith" comes in. We know Moses must stand firm, stay strong and continue his mission as God has given. God already told him the outcome. Moses needs to believe that what God said, will come true. Just like I need to stand firm, press in and believe that God will complete what He has promised in my life.

No comments: