In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Friday, February 4, 2011

Promise 19 from Exodus 6:2-3a, 4a, 5a, 5c.

Ex. 6, 2-3a, 4a, 5a, 5c - "God spoke further to Moses and said to him, "I am the Lord; and I appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, as God Almighty.... I also established My covenant with them.... Furthermore, I have heard the groaning of the sons of Israel... and I have remembered My covenant." - It's amazing how often God winds up having to remind His "chosen" people His identity. The pattern is; God gives the promise, tells them His plan, they get pumped up for a short while, they get discouraged and/or question God, then God tells them again who He is and reminds them of the covenant promise. It happens every time; to Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and now Moses. Joseph, the one who really had a reason to question God, is the only one that never did. God never had to remind him who He was. I don't think, however that God really minds reminding His children who He is, because He is a comforting King and a compassionate Father. He hears the cry of His children and remembers His covenant. Lord, May I not forget who You are and constantly trust in my El Shadddai!

No comments: