In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Promise 21 from Exodus 6:8

Ex. 6:8 - "I will bring you to the land which I swore to give to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, and I will give it to you for a possession; I am the Lord.'" - What a great promise! The Israelites made things so difficult for themselves, which we'll see later on. How often do we hear the voice of the Almighty God say that He will hand us our dreams? That's basically what this verse is saying. The God of the universe is promising to give His people freedom. He even tells them that He will take them straight to the land. But the people don't listen [vs. 9]. Can you imagine? However, I know that often times I'm as guilty as they are; I let the things that I see, keep me from grasping the unseen, just like they did. This verse says they didn't listen to Moses because of their broken spirits and cruel bondage. Their emotions got in the way of trusting God's faithfulness. Their bondage kept them from even dreaming about freedom. I too find it difficult to dream sometimes, especially when its areas that require finances. All I do is look at my bank account and decide I can't even possible begin to dream about doing things like flying back home to see my family or to visit other friends in different countries or to attend specific conferences that I think will be amazing, so I automatically decide they are impossible. God acts so opposite of what we think. He wants to lavish His people with good things. He wants to set us free to dream. We just need to keep our eyes on Him and watch Him lead us to His wonderful gifts.

No comments: