In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Friday, January 7, 2011

Promise 5 from Exodus 3:10-12

Ex. 3:10-12 - "Therefore, come now, and I will send you to Pharaoh, so that you may bring my people, the sons of Israel, out of Egypt.' But Moses said to God, 'Who am I, that I should go to Pharaoh, and that I should bring the sons of Israel out of Egypt?' and He said, 'Certainly I will be with you.!'" - When God called Moses, He said, "Come now", usually when there is an invitation that uses the word "come" it means you are joining the person that is inviting you. Moses missed the invite, he said "Who am I that I should go?" God didn't address the "Who am I part" but the "go" part and then He clarified telling Moses, "I didn't say, 'go', I said 'come', because certainly, 'I will be with you'." You see, whenever God calls us to a place to do His work, He isn't telling us to "go" but to "come". "Come join Me in My work." Like many of us, Moses didn't think he was the right man for the job. He repeated to God the same question that was planted in his mind by the Israelite back in 2:14, he said "who are you to think that you can be a judge or prince over us?" Moses believed those negative words that were spoken over him, "Who are you that....?" So he asked the same thing of God, "Who am I that I should go?" Moses believed he wasn't worthy because he believed the 'unworthiness' that was spoken over him by man. But God makes us more than worthy. God knew that the question that the enemy had planted in Moses' mind through that Israelite man was rubbish. Too rubbish to address, so He didn't, because to Him it was a non-issue (well until later on when Moses verbalizes more doubt, then God chooses to address it). God chose Moses to join Him in His work, that is what gave Moses the worthiness, not for what he had done but simply by who he is in God's eyes; a beloved son.

No comments: