In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Promise 62 Gen. 24:7

Gen. 24:7 - "The Lord, God of heaven, who took me from my father's house and from the land of my birth, and who spoke to me and who swore to me, saying, 'To your descendants I will give this land; He will send His angel before you, and you will take a wife for my son from there." As Abraham was telling his servant to go back to the land and find a wife for Isaac, the servant was full of "but, what if's" Abraham knew the outcome already because God promised him that the land given to him would be his. He had no doubt in his mind that a daughter-in-law would come from the land of his birth. But to assure the servant, he said, "God will send His angel to go before you." How did Abraham know God would do that? Because God gave him the outcome already through His promise. Because Abraham received what was given, he knew God would send His angel ahead to prepare the way for all this to take place. When God gives you something verbally, when He promises you something, He will send His angels to see to it that you get what was promised. If you don't believe in angels, then you better start sorting that one out right now before God. It's a good thing He sends them to help us regardless if we believe in them or not. I'm proud to say that I am an angel believer, because I'm a Daddy believer and what He says, goes!

No comments: