In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Promise 69 Gen. 26:24

Gen. 26:24 - "The Lord appeared to him the same night and said, 'I am the God of your father Abraham; Do not fear, for I am with you. I will bless you, and multiply your descendants, for the sake of my servant Abraham." I love this promise to Isaac, "do not fear, for I am with you!" We as Christians have a tendency to fear so unnecessarily. We know that God is in us, we know that He is with us, yet we still fear. Just as He told Isaac over and over again that He will bless him, maybe we need to be reminded over and over again to not fear. I'm glad He takes delight in letting us know that He is with us.

No comments: