In Search of God's Promises

What is the one thing we do when we feel out of control in a situation? We grasp onto something stable, something we can lean on, something that will hold us up. When the ground is shifting we want something solid to stand on. This is a journey through the Bible in search of God's promises for us today. Let's look together to see how many "boulders" He has in His quarry for us to stand on! "It is not the children of the flesh who are children of God, but the children of the promise are regarded as descendants." Rom. 9:8

Monday, September 13, 2010

Promise 68 Gen. 26:4-5

Gen. 26:4-5 - "I will multiply your descendants as the stars of heaven, and will give your descendants all these lands; and by your descendants all the nations of the earth shall be blessed; because Abraham obeyed Me and kept my charge, My commandments, My statues and My laws.'". I must admit, as I usually think life revolves around me, I don't usually think about the impact that my actions have on the next generation. God tells Isaac that He is blessing him because his father, Abraham obeyed Him by keeping close to Him and adhering to the laws and rules. Now, I can read this and think this really doesn't apply to me because I don't have children that will reap that blessing, but the verses totally make sense in talking about a new spiritual generation. If I'm obedient to what God is asking me to do and if the private battles are won just as much as the public ones, through obedience then those whom I have a part in their lives will be blessed because of my obedience in what I feel God is calling me to do; To "do as Jesus did yet more!" (Jn.14:12). As it seems there is a lot of pressure in this because my obedience effects many more people other than myself, it is freeing too because I know that I can share God's blessing with so many more people. Thank you Lord!

No comments: